Monday, November 2, 2009

Fateful Meeting

About three years ago, I went to a lecture at the local college. It was a talk about different religions and the prejudices their practioners encountered every day. There was a young Catholic woman, an older Atheist man, a Wiccan woman and the moderator. Each spoke about their experiences with people’s reactions to their religious beliefs. I was sitting in the audience in the third row. When the Wiccan woman began to talk, she became very upset. She started to cry and was having trouble finding words to describe what she had been through. I started sending her all the positive energy I could. She spoke about how her house was broken into, her car was vandalized, a rock was thrown at her which broke out her front teeth and her dog was killed. I was horrified but I kept sending energy to her and gradually she calmed down. By the end of the lecture, she had regained her composure.


As the meeting broke up, she came down off the stage and walked directly to the end of my row. When I came out, she hugged me. She asked if she knew me from somewhere, and I said no. She said, ‘Yes, I know you.’

My sending the energy was instinctual; I didn’t even think she’d know what I was doing. I knew she was hurting yet it was very important to her that she said what she came to say. I didn’t know her at all walking in to the lecture and she didn’t know me. But when we left, we had made a connection… a connection through the sharing of energy.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful story! It's so empowering and such a comfort to know that we can affect others in such uplifting ways. We truly can make the work a better place for all and it doesn't take much effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are GREAT story! I feel that I will better understand the whole energy thing if I can keep up w/ your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you are one with the source you can see the auras of those around you. With this you can tell who is sending what out to others. By what I have read she is one with the source and this is how she was able to come to you and to say THANKS.

    ReplyDelete